Sunday, January 16, 2011

Benihana's Ginger Salad Dressing

Here's another recipe obtained from the book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2" by Todd Wilbur. I love this dressing! I forgot to buy fresh ginger, so I used 1 tsp of dried ginger instead. It makes a great dressing and I'm also going to try putting it on chicken in the near future!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup peanut oil (I used veggie oil instead)
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp fresh minced ginger
2 tbsp minced celery
2 tbsp ketchup
4 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds or until all the ginger is pureed. Chill in refrigerator.

Using my chopper to mince the onions..




Minced veggies...




All the ingredients ready to be blended....




Blended dressing...




Served with lettuce and carrots....Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment