Monday, January 19, 2015

Paula Deen's Meatloaf

Growing up, I hated meatloaf, only because when my mom made it it usually turned out really dry and hard to eat. My best friend made me meatloaf several years ago to make me change my mind and I loved hers. Then I found a sweet-and-sour meatloaf (that I have listed in this blog) and I loved that as well. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was made by Paula Deen so I had really high hopes for it. And it was sooooo good! I didn't have any bell peppers so I used a whole onion. I think I used too much onion and the meatloaf was too moist because it fell apart when I took it out of the pan. Regardless of it falling apart, the taste was so amazing. When I make this again, and I will, I think I'd double the topping. I ate my meatloaf with ketchup, because that's how I've always eaten it.

Paula Deen's Old-Fashioned Mealoaf-A.K.A. Basic Meatloaf (4 servings):

*Meatloaf

1 lb ground beef
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c onion, chopped
1/2 c bell pepper, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 oz canned diced tomatoes, without juice
1/2 c quick-cooking oats

*Topping

1/3 c ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp mustard

Preheat oven to 375. Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper, egg, tomatoes and oats together well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.

Mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard and spread on loaf. Bake 1 hour.




Ingredients ready to be mixed for both the meatloaf and the topping...






Meatloaf in the pan...






Topping spread onto the meatloaf...






Fresh from the oven...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment