Monday, January 19, 2015

Broccolini with Balsamic Vinaigrette

My original plan was to make Paula Deen's meatloaf (recipe to follow) with the roasted cauliflower on the side but both dishes required about an hour in the oven each and I didn't want to wait that long for dinner lol so I found a recipe on Pinterest for broccolini that was easy to cook while the meatloaf cooked. And it was really good! I used more garlic than it called for, because let's face it, you can never have enough garlic! I also added some lemon zest to the vinaigrette. The only thing I didn't like was that I think there was too much olive oil-when I make this again, I'll use less oil. Otherwise I'd definitely make this again!

Broccolini with Balsamic Vinaigrette (4 servings):

Salt
4 bunches broccolini, trimmed
1/4 c olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used 4-6 cloves)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lemon (I used about 1-2 tsp of the zest from this lemon)

In small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1 tsp salt and pepper; set aside.

In large pot of boiling salted water, cook broccolini until stalks are just tender, about 2 minutes. Remove broccolini from water with a slotted spoon or sieve and place in a large bowl.

Add the reserved dressing and gently toss to combine. Splash with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve warm or hot. Enjoy!




Vinaigrette...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment