Monday, January 19, 2015

Baked Brie

My friend Mandi made this several years ago for a girl's Thanksgiving. She made it again this Christmas for the two of us and I realized how much I was craving it so I decided to make it on my own. I didn't let the pastry crust thaw out entirely so when I wrapped the brie it cracked and some of the filling oozed out during cooking, but it still tasted amazing. I made it a again a couple weeks and made it perfectly. I can't finish a whole block but that doesn't stop me from making it lol. Super easy and super tasty! You can use any kind of jam/jelly and any flavor.

Baked Brie (2-4 servings):

Sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1 egg yolk
Block of brie cheese
Jelly or jam of your choice and flavor (I used a homemade raspberry jam)
Crackers of your choice

Preheat oven to 350. Slice off the white rind from the block of cheese. I think you could leave it on if you prefer-I don't like the rind so I cut mine all off. Place the cheese on top of the thawed pastry sheet. Spoon about 1 tbsp jelly/jam on top of the cheese. Wrap up the cheese with the puff pastry like a purse. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg yolk on the pastry all over.

Place the pastry filled cheese on a cookie sheet covered with foil. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is hot. Serve with crackers. Enjoy!




Raspberry spooned onto cheese...






Brie wrapped up in the pastry crust...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment