Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Breakfast Egg Bake Casserole

I first had this recipe when my coworker made it one morning for her intern/student's last day in PT. When she made it, it was soooo good! So of course I asked her for the recipe and how to make it. And it was super easy so eventually I made it. I added some meat to mine and some onions. But you can pretty much add whatever you want to it. And I ended up freezing over half of it because it makes a lot.

Breakfast Egg Bake Casserole (Sondi's Mom's Recipe) (12 servings):

12 eggs
1 carton cottage cheese (I used the large carton)
7 oz can diced green chiles (hot or mild)
1 lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 pkg pancetta
1 onion, diced
1/3 c melted butter

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix the first 6 ingredients together. I didn't use all of the cottage cheese, maybe about 3/4 of the container. I eyeballed it. Same with the Monterey Jack cheese-about 3/4 of the bag. Add the butter at the very end-make sure it's not too hot that the eggs won't curdle when you add it. Stir to combine.

Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour casserole into dish & bake about 55-60 minutes or until top is browned & eggs are set. Enjoy!!




Ready to be baked...





Fresh from the oven...





Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment