Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Avocado Salmon Rice Bowl

I've been craving salmon lately & one day I decided to clean out my freezer before going shopping. It's a good thing I did because I found a small pkg of salmon, along with a big bag of salmon that needs to be eaten before the middle part of August. Guess I'll be eating salmon for a while! I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looked really good so of course I had to try it and it was soooo good! I used bamboo rice instead of jasmine because I've had it in my pantry and never tried it before. I cooked it according to the pkg directions-not sure I like it so when I make this dish again, I think I'll use jasmine instead. The bamboo rice kind of reminds me of a cross between sticky rice & sushi rice. The way the recipe calls to make the avocado with the chili powder added to it is soooo good! In fact, I've made it that way a couple times now as the new way to make guacamole since I can't make my regular guacamole with tomatoes. I'll keep making this recipe-sooooo good!

You can find this recipe here




Salmon ready to be baked...





Bamboo Rice...





Avocado...





Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment