Monday, April 21, 2014

Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

My brother got married on April 11th and my aunt threw the wedding party a bbq at her house the Saturday after. I have been craving fruit now that the weather has been nicer so I was put in charge of finding a good fruit salad recipe. I found this recipe on Pinterest via http://ohyoucook.blogspot.com. This salad called for strawberries, green grapes and blueberries but I switched it up and added my own mix. You can basically add whatever fruits you want. We had some hard limes so I don't think we were able to get all the juice so we also zested the 2 limes for more taste. The salad turned out amazing! And it was even better later that night after all the flavors melded together and the raspberries started to melt down! I will definitely make this recipe again and again! (I also received rave reviews from our friends at the bbq!)

Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing (Enough for a Crowd):

1 pt container strawberries, cut into bite-size chunks
1 pt container blueberries
1 pt container raspberries
1/2 container pineapple, cut into bite-size chunks
1/2 container mangoes, cut into bite-size chunks
6 kiwis, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
1/4 c honey
Juice from 2 limes
Zest from 2 limes

Combine all the fruit, except the raspberries. Gently mix together with your hands. Add the raspberries on top of the mixed fruit. Add the hone, lime juice and lime zest. Again, mix gently with your hands, so you don't mash the raspberries. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight. Note-if you serve it the next day, the salad will be a lot more liquid-like but it will still taste amazing!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment