Monday, April 21, 2014

Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice

Several of my friends and family have been raving about using cauliflower as a substitute for regular rice so I thought I'd give it a try. I was originally going to try it in a fried rice but Trader Joe's had been out of soy sauce for a couple weeks and I can't use any other soy sauce but theirs. I found this recipe on Pinterest via http://healthyaperture.com. I love Chipotle's rice so I thought I'd give this recipe a try. The cauliflower was easy to grind down and the recipe was easy to make but it tasted a little blah. I only made a single serving batch because I was told that the "rice" isn't as good reheated. I'd be willing to try this recipe again and I'll definitely try the fried rice recipe, especially since I was finally able to pick up some soy sauce!

Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice:

1 head cauliflower
1 lime
2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
1 handful chopped cilantro

Remove leaves from cauliflower and cut the head in half. Remove cauliflower from core so you only have the florets. Place half of cauliflower into food processor and process until only small pieces remain (you can also use a box grater with the larger holes and grate the cauliflower into small pieces). Remove from processor and place into a pan. Process remaining cauliflower repeating the steps.

Add garlic to the cauliflower in the pan. Cook over med for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. When cauliflower is slightly toasted and garlic is cooked, remove from heat.

Toss with cilantro and juice from the whole lime. Enjoy!




Cauliflower processed into small pieces...






Cilantro mixed in...






Cilantro and lime juice added...

No comments:

Post a Comment