Monday, March 17, 2014

Blue Cheese Steak Bites

I've eaten Steak Bites at a couple bars now and most of them have been pretty good. Not all of the bars add blue cheese to their steak bites but I think they taste better with it! I made up my own recipe for these steak bites. I marinated my steak overnight and I usually mix it up with different flavors to my marinade each time. I'll put what I used for this marinade this time. I also used my blue cheese that my mom gets for me at her Co-Op-it's usually the really good smooth and soft kind but you can use any type of blue cheese you want. I bought myself a cast-iron skillet for Christmas and I've made my steak bites in it-it works wonderful for this type of meal!

Blue Cheese Steak Bites (1-2 servings)

Worcestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Ponzu sauce
Teriyaki sauce
Lemon juice
1 steak filet, or any other steak of your choice
1-2 tbsp butter
1 onion, sliced
2-3 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled

Poke the steak several times on both sides with a fork. Add the steak to a plastic bag and add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ponzu sauce, teriyaki sauce and lemon juice to the bag (I have no idea how much I added of each sauce-just until it coated the steak in the bag). Seal the bag and turn to coat. Let marinate overnight.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Cut the steak into bite-size chunks using kitchen shears. Add the steak and onions to the skillet and cook until the onions are translucent and the steak is cooked to your liking. I cooked mine 3-4 minutes for medium-rare. Add the cheese and cook until just starting to melt and then remove from the heat. Enjoy!




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment