Friday, July 19, 2013

Strawberry Bread

I had gone to the farmer's market this past weekend and picked up a lot of fresh strawberries. But they were smaller so I knew they would go bad pretty quick. I ate what I could but I also wanted to try to make a muffin or bread recipe. I found this recipe on Pinterest via askchefs.net After reading the ingredients list, I decided on this bread because it looked like it would be moist and it definitely is! The bread is super moist, with chunks of strawberries and a hint of cinnamon. I added some chocolate chips on top to one of the loaves for a little bit of a change and that turned out to be good as well. I didn't add the pecans to mine. I'll definitely make this bread again!

Strawberry Bread: 2 loaves

2 c fresh strawberries
3 1/8 c flour
2 c sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 c veggie oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c chopped pecans, optional

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 9x5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spay. Slice strawberries and place in a bowl, sprinkled with sugar; set aside.

Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl; mix well. Blend oil and eggs into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until ingredients are just moistened. Stir in pecans, if using. Divide batter into pans. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaves out and cool completely.




Strawberries and sugar...






Everything mixed together...






Ready for the oven...






Fresh from the oven...






Sliced and ready to eat! Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment