Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tomato Stir-Fry

Another one of Mandi's recipes that I love. I went to the Mpls farmer's market this morning and came back with a bunch of fresh veggies so I added some to this stir-fry. Normally this recipe calls for 1/2 green bell pepper (I used a whole, small purple bell pepper). I also added bean sprouts and a red hot pepper in place of the Sriracha sauce. Don't these tomatoes look gorgeous?!

Some more gorgeous looking veggies! And super spicy!

Here are the ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 handful chopped cilantro
3 green onions, chopped
1 small bell pepper, any color will work
2 tsp Sriracha Sauce (again I used one of the red pepper above from the farmer's market), more if you want it spicier
2 tsp fish sauce, more if you want it saltier
2 tsp soy sauce
Olive oil and Garlic salt



In frying pan, heat up olive oil and fry chicken until cooked. Add green onions (I added the red pepper at this time as well) and stir for a few minutes

Add tomatoes and bell pepper. Fry until tomatoes are "saucy".
Add cilantro, Sriracha sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic salt and bean sprouts (if using). Stir for a couple of minutes and then remove from heat.

Serve over hot cooked rice.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment