Friday, May 31, 2013

Homemade Pizza

I found a roll of pizza dough in my fridge and decided to make up some pizzas. Apparently the dough was past the expiration date but I still made it work and it tasted just fine. The bread was a little dry so I wasn't able to make one big pizza, which worked out well-I actually made 4 different kinds of pizza. You can add any type of toppings you desire, which I like. I should have made my pizza dough thinner but it still tasted great! The next time I make this, I'm going to use hot sauce and make some buffalo-style pizza. Not sure of the measurements I used but I'll guess.

Homemade pizza

Refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 tbsp poultry Montreal seasoning
4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
2-in fresh ginger, minced
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 c grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 c fresh spinach
1/4 c pepperoni slices
2-4 tbsp cornmeal
1/4 c shredded cheese

Heat oven to 400. Grease any size nonstick cookie sheet. Sprinkle desired amount of cornmeal on pan. Unroll dough onto cookie sheet. Press to desired thickness. Prebake dough 8 minutes.

While pizza is prebaking, combine chicken, Montreal seasoning, garlic, ginger and green pepper in skillet and cook until chicken is cooked through, 5-7 min.

Mix oil and 1 minced garlic clove in small dish. Once pizza has prebaked, using a pastry brush or other basting brush, brush pizza dough with olive oil and garlic mixture. This is the step you would put pizza sauce on, but I chose not to use sauce, just the olive oil mixture.

On one of the pizzas, I added just spinach and tomatoes. Two of the pizzas I added the chicken mixture with some tomatoes. For the fourth piece, I added spinach, pepperoni slices and spinach. I sprinkled cheese on top of all of it at the end.

Bake 6-10 minutes longer or until crust is deep golden brown. Slice and enjoy!




Garlic oil...






Veggies & Chicken added...






Cheese sprinkled on top...






Fresh from the oven...






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment