Monday, June 8, 2015

Sweet Potato & Turkey Sausage Hash

I found this recipe in a low calorie magazine. I love a good potato hash and this included a sweet potato so it made it a little healthier. I made the mistake of peeling the potatoes a couple hours before cooking them-shows how often I cook potatoes!-so they turned a funky color. I had to google it to make sure I could still eat them lol. I should have cooked the potatoes separately because the white potatoes had to cook a bit longer than the sweet potatoes and the sweet potatoes ended up being a tad mushy. I used mini sweet peppers in multi colors instead of the green peppers. All in all everything tasted pretty good. I think I chopped up the potatoes a little too small because it made way too much! Lol but it still tasted pretty good. I served mine with a fried egg on top to add some protein. Yum!

Sweet Potato & Turkey Sausage Hash (4 servings) (Better Homes & Gardens Low Calorie):

2 med russet potatoes, peeled, if desired, and diced
1 med sweet potato, peeled, if desired, and diced
Nonstick cooking spray
1 small green sweet pepper, chopped
1 med onion, chopped
1/2 of a 14-oz ring, smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 tbsp snipped fresh sage or 1 tsp dried sage, crushed
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Place russet and sweet potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch shallow baking pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray and toss to coat. Bake about 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning once with a spatula.

Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sweet pepper, onion and sausage for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sweet potato mixture, sage and pepper. Enjoy!




Everything mixed together...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment