Monday, June 8, 2015

Orange-Rosemary Shrimp

I love a lot of flavor in my recipes. Bold flavors or recipes with lots of seasonings or spices. This recipe had none of this! It was the most bland recipe I've ever had, and I even added extra orange zest! It didn't taste bad, which is why I'm posting the recipe here. The only saving grace was the added garlic I put in it. I was going to make this as a dinner for my aunt and my friend and I'm so glad those dinner plans fell through and we decided to go out to dinner instead! I ended up making this when I was house sitting for my aunt instead. I ate it because it was what I brought with me and the shrimp was good but I just wasn't a big fan of the recipe. Maybe you will be!

Orange-Rosemary Shrimp (4 servings) (Freezer Meals):

1 lb fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells
1 (16 oz) pkg frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
1 tbsp finely shredded orange zest
1/4 c orange juice
1/4 c olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced, or more to taste
1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 c hot cooked rice

Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in plastic bag; add frozen veggies. For marinade, in small bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and crushed red pepper. Pour over shrimp and veggies. Seal bag; turn to coat shrimp and veggies. Freeze for up to 1 month.

To serve, thaw marinating shrimp in the fridge overnight. Heat skillet over med-high. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir about 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Serve shrimp mixture over rice.




Marinade...






Marinating...






Freshly cooked...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment