Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Individual Baked Oatmeal

I've seen this on Pinterest for a while now and I finally decided to make it after learning I would need some kind of breakfast I could take with me in the car and on vacation with me. I do like oatmeal but I'm super picky with what I like in it-I don't like nuts of any kind in it and I only like certain dried fruits. This recipe sounded good to me because I could pick and choose what would go into it and there was nothing in the base recipe that sounded bad to me so I thought I would give it a try. I had raspberries on hand so I used those as a topping. And I had some mini chocolate chips and peanut butter chips so I just used those. The recipe says it makes 16 servings so they must have filled theirs pretty high because mine made 48 cups! I ended up freezing the majority of them and only taking what I needed for my 4-day weekend away. And it was perfect! I first tried them in the car headed to the coast on Thursday morning. I was pleasantly surprised! The oatmeal cups had a nice chewy texture that wasn't too sweet. Even with the ones that had the chocolate chips on the tops weren't too sweet. I could definitely do some experimenting with these! When I make them again, which I will, I would like to figure out how to incorporate some kind of apple or dried apple pieces into them. And more fruits...blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, etc. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

Find the recipe here




The batter...






Toppings added and ready to be baked...






Fresh from the oven...






Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment