Saturday, June 4, 2016

Tortellini Soup

This soup was my own creation. My mom actually gave me the idea. I had a blood clot this past fall and she came into town to stay with me until I was able to get back on my feet again. She had mentioned that she had made tortellini soup before for herself in the past and she threw whatever she had on hand to make it a meal. So after she left, I decided to do the same. This soup has become a staple for me and I make it when I don't know what else to make. You can add whatever you want to it and it will always taste good. I haven't added meat yet but that's only because I haven't had any in my fridge when I've made the soup. I almost always add a lot of vegetables, almost like I'm making a vegetable soup. I add the tortellini towards the end, for however long it needs to cook. I'm not going to list a recipe since you can whatever you want but I'll list what I usually always add:

Carrots (usually the multicolored ones because it's always fun to add color to soups)
Celery
Zucchini or yellow squash if I have them in my fridge
Onions
Garlic
Ginger
Parm Rind
4-6 c chicken broth
Pkg of whatever size, shape or flavor of tortellini
Spinach leaves
Parmesan, to serve
Parsley, to serve




Enjoy!...

No comments:

Post a Comment