Friday, December 10, 2010

Hoisin Cocktail Meatballs

I found this recipe in Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine last year. I actually made these meatballs last year for Christmas but I forgot what they tasted like. And they are soooooo good! And super easy to make. And make great leftovers!

Ingredients:

Meatballs

1 lb ground beef
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp minced fresh gingerroot

Sauce

1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp minced fresh gingerroot

In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (with your hands!).

Shape into 32 meatballs. Place in a 13x9-in baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20-25 min or until meat is no longer pink.


Meatballs ready to be baked...




Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; heat through.

Sauce simmering on the stove...




Meatballs are done!




Serve the sauce over the meatballs. When I made these meatballs, after they were done cooking, I placed everything into my slow cooker and turned it to warm until I was ready to use them. It worked perfectly!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment